Students who are SCANZ members are invited to apply for “1987” Maslen Scholarships to support travel costs associated with attending Crystal 31.
Applications for Maslen Scholarships is now open. All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receipt of applications is October 9th. Conditions of the award can be found below.
Download application form
Conditions of the Award of a Maslen Scholarship:
- That the applicant is enrolled as a full-time PhD Student at the time of his/her application and will be presenting their research at the meeting either in oral or poster form.
- Applicants must have been a financial member of SCANZ for at least 6 months prior to application and their supervisor must have been a financial member of SCANZ for at least 12 months prior to the submission of their application.
- Applications should include a brief (less than 1 page) CV. Any written indication of support for the application from his/her supervisor would be positively regarded.
- If a request for travel support is being made, additional information on this is required (1 or 2 sentences).
- Support for any student will normally be limited to a maximum of one overseas conference and one local (i.e. CRYSTAL) meeting (Australia or NZ) and is at the sole discretion of the SCANZ Executive (in all matters).