Students who are SCANZ members are invited to apply for “1987” Maslen Scholarships to support travel costs associated with attending Crystal 31.
A call for Maslen Scholarship applications will be made shortly through the SCANZ email list. Conditions of the award can be found below.
Conditions of the Award of a Maslen Scholarship:
- That the applicant is enrolled as a full-time PhD Student at the time of his/her application and will be presenting their research at the meeting either in oral or poster form.
- Applicants must have been a financial member of SCANZ for at least 6 months prior to application and their supervisor must have been a financial member of SCANZ for at least 12 months prior to the submission of their application.
- Applications should include a brief (less than 1 page) CV. Any written indication of support for the application from his/her supervisor would be positively regarded.
- If a request for travel support is being made, additional information on this is required (1 or 2 sentences).
- Support for any student will normally be limited to a maximum of one overseas conference and one local (i.e. CRYSTAL) meeting (Australia or NZ) and is at the sole discretion of the SCANZ Executive (in all matters).